Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 11:29:12 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <freebsd@hub.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX domain sockets MFC's

On Sat, 12 May 2007, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>> The fix for this has now been merged as 1.155.2.22.  As there have been no
>> new reports of UNIX domain socket problems in the last couple of days, it
>> sounds like the MFC of the last batch of fixes and cleanups has not lead to
>> problems.
>
> I've just upgraded my kernel to the latest, to include the MFC'd code above

Yes -- I was very specific in my e-mail regarding the MFC's that they were not
believed to address the problem you are reporting.  I think we have a leak in
the way some edge case is handled with regard to UNIX domain socket shutdown.
What would be really nice to know is if that persists in 7-CURRENT, in which
we've redone the way the socket life cycle works.  However, I don't know if
you are able to tolerate booting a 7-CURRENT kernel in your environment...?

Did we determine whether backing out to before the unpcb socket reference
count change made any difference for you?

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge