Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:33:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        des@des.no, ed@fxq.nl, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal for redesigning the TTY layer

In message: <47B3EB4E.40508@elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: Ed Schouten wrote:
: > Hello Dag-Erling,
: > =

: > * Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav <des@des.no> wrote:
: >> Ed Schouten <ed@fxq.nl> writes:
: >>> The last couple of days I've been working on a document which des=
cribes
: >>> the changes I'm going to perform. I have just finished this docum=
ent, so
: >>> I'm sending it to this list, so you can give your opinion on this=

: >>> matter.
: >> wiki.freebsd.org please :)
: > =

: > Great idea. I'll take some time to write an article when I'm at the=

: > office tomorrow.
: > =

: >>> As stated in the conclusion of this document, I am willing to con=
tinue
: >>> development after I graduate. Unfortunately I don't possess all h=
ardware
: >>> supported by the TTY layer, which means I could use some help aft=
er I
: >>> finished by internship to bring back support for the remaining ha=
rdware.
: >> Perhaps you could provide a short list of the types of hardware yo=
u need
: >> help with?
: > =

: > The only drivers I can take a look at, are:
: > =

: > - syscons
: > - sio and uart
: > - pty
: > - u(pl)com
: =

: gxemu 'test' console
: =

:   http://gavare.se/gxemul/gxemul-stable/doc/experiments.html#hello
: =

:   :-)
: (the simplest console in the universe)

I have code that works with it in the current system.

Warner