Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:27:04 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   tzcode update to 2008e

Currently the tzcode in the FreeBSD operating system is from 2004.
I have updated, on my development machine at home, src/lib/libc/stdtime
and src/usr.sbin/zic to tzcode version 2008e. It still works.

zic compiles the zonefiles into version 2 format, zdump properly
shows the data. The strftime() tests with the date regression tests
(bin/127514: [patch] regression tests for date(1)) work fine.

The patch can be found at
http://www.mavetju.org/~edwin/tzcode2008e-update.txt, it is against
current. The MFCs for 7.x and 6.x should be relatively simple.

I have done it on i386, so I'm happy to hear how other architectures
are going with it. And then, euhm... yeah, what's next?

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis
edwin@freebsd.org