Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:32:31 +0100
From:      Alex Samorukov <samm@os2.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   bt dev questions

Hi all

I ported to FreeBSD anyRemote utility
(http://anyremote.sourceforge.net/), and while porting I got some issues
which i`m not able to resolve myself.
They are not critical (program is working), but a bit annoying.

1) Why sdpd require root permission to open session? As for me it`s
enough to check use file permissions on control socket. In Linux its
possible to register service w/o root permissions, so in ported version
I need to run it as root and then setuid to normal user.  What is the
reason for this?
2) I was not able to find how to change provider name and server
description in SDP_SERVICE_CLASS_SERIAL_PORT profile. anyRemote using
usual serial over bluetooth, but with changed service name field. I
found howto change channel (server_channel) but not description. Is it
possible at all?

I`m planning to submit my patches to the ports tree at nearest time.