Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:58:08 +0100
From:      Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   iicbus(4) speed selection

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

Hi,

One of the parameters to our iicbus_reset method is a speed selection,
which can be either IIC_SLOW, IIC_FAST or IIC_FASTEST.

Both arm/at91/at91_twi.c and dev/pcf/pcf.c interpret these as 1.5kb/s,
45kb/s and 90kb/s respectively, which has me wondering. Knowing I2C, I
would have expected something like 10kb/s, 100kb/s and 400kb/s.

Does anybody know why these speeds were selected when implementing the
above mentioned drivers? Are new drivers required to match these
speeds?

Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@FreeBSD.org>