Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:57:13 +1030
From:      Wayne Sierke <ws@au.dyndns.ws>
To:        hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Any interest in unused hardware being made available for remote developer use?

Following up with some corrections/additional info:

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 01:04 +1030, Wayne Sierke wrote:
> I have a Compaq ML370 Proliant server here which is likely to remain
> unused for the foreseeable future. Some of its key specs are:
>
>  - Dual 800MHz PIII/133MHz/256MB CPU

Of course, that should be 256KB, not 256MB!

> - 1.25GB ECC Memory
>  - 2 x 9G 10k SCSI-UW2
>  - 1 x 18G 10k SCSI-UW2
>  - 2 x Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Ethernet
>
> I've been contemplating the idea of offering it for remote access, to
> those with a legitimate use for it in a FreeBSD-related development
> endeavour.
>
> There are numerous aspects about this that warrant careful consideration
> and for which I'll be seeking comment if it comes to it, however the
> first question is: Is there any interest, or likely to be?

Since all the interest expressed so far has been in having the system
available ostensibly as a server, I should point out that current
circumstances don't lend themselves to this type of use, for now.

My intention is to make it available as a test/development system and
allow it to be used essentially unrestricted (in the development sense).