Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2008 17:48:08 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        kib@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for testing: ata(4) MFC

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 07:38:09PM +0400, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> I prepared patch to make MFC of ata(4) driver into RELENG_7
> before 7.1-RELEASE. Depending on results of the testing patch
> will be commited or not (if some regressions will be detected).
> So if you want or just can test it, please try and report here.

I will give this patch a try on the following hardware:

* Supermicro P4SCE running RELENG_7 i386
    - Intel ICH5R     -- 1 disk attached (OS disk)
    - I can add a 2nd disk to this box no problem
    - Intel MatrixRAID capability (RAID-0 or RAID-1)
    - Hot-swap capable

* Supermicro PDSMi+ running RELENG_7 amd64
    - Intel ICH7R     -- 1 disk attached (OS disk)
    - Promise TX4310  -- 4 disks attached (ZFS raidz1 pool)
    - Hot-swap capable

I'll begin testing on the P4SCE box because I'm a little sensitive about
potential data loss on the PDSMi+ system.  :-)

Also, does your patch include any fixes (intentional or inadvertent) for
Intel MatrixRAID?  This has been a sore spot for FreeBSD for quite
some time, and I'm curious to know if that has been fixed.

P.S. -- Mandatory plug: don't forget about kern/127717  :-)