Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:01:53 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-vuxml@freebsd.org
Subject:   [vuxml] editors/openoffice.org-2: document CVE-2008-2237 and CVE-2008-2238

>Submitter-Id:	current-users
>Originator:	Eygene Ryabinkin
>Organization:	Code Labs
>Confidential:	no
>Synopsis:	[vuxml] editors/openoffice.org-2: document CVE-2008-2237 and CVE-2008-2238
>Severity:	serious
>Priority:	high
>Category:	ports
>Class:		sw-bug
>Release:	FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE i386
>Environment:

System: FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE i386

WMS/EMF processing flaws were found in the openoffice.org 2.x:
  http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/31962

>How-To-Repeat:

Look at
  http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/31962
  http://www.openoffice.org/security/cves/CVE-2008-2237.html
  http://www.openoffice.org/security/cves/CVE-2008-2238.html

>Fix:

Since 2.4.2 is in the tree, there is no point to upgrade any ports.
I believe that openoffice-2-RC and openoffice-2-devel are vulnerable
too, because vendor says about affected releases "All versions prior
to OpenOffice.org 2.4.2".

The following VuXML entry should be evaluated and added:
--- vuln.xml begins here ---
  <vuln vid="">
    <topic>openoffice -- arbitrary code execution by processing crafted EMF/WMF files</topic>
    <affects>
      <package>
	<name>openoffice.org</name>
      </package>
    </affects>
    <description>
	  process WMF files may allow a remote unprivileged user
	  who provides a StarOffice/StarSuite document that is
	  opened by a local user to execute arbitrary commands on
	  the system with the privileges of the user running
	  StarOffice/StarSuite.  No working exploit is known right
	  now.</p>
	  process EMF files may allow a remote unprivileged user
	  who provides a StarOffice/StarSuite document that is
	  opened by a local user to execute arbitrary commands on
	  the system with the privileges of the user running
	  StarOffice/StarSuite. No working exploit is known right
	  now.</p>
    </description>