Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 2009 01:55:12 -0400
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        apache@freebsd.org
Cc:        clement@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   USE_APACHE

http://people.freebsd.org/~pgollucci/deprecate.diff

Theres 26 PRs(link below) + ~15 ports that do not yet confirm to this,
but thats largely okay.

In a bit (after the freeze) I'd like to make some changes to
bsd.apache.mk and ports-mgmt/portlint to warn about the above changes.

I think It might be good to consolidate 1.3 -> 13 and 2.0 -> 20
(both are supported right now)

Next up, I'd like to make bsd.mp.mk which is for www/mod_perl*
and will let me remove the WITH_APACHE and WITH_APACHE2 from ports
that can use either. (USE_MP=13|20 and USE_APREQ=13|20)

After that, I'd like to try a -exp run with APACHE_PORT=www/apache22 in
bsd.apache.mk by default to see what needs fixing.  I've already fixed a
good bit.  Looks like we'd be looking at ~1000 ports (before any of the
fixes I already made).

Afterwards, www/apache23, www/apache24, and devel/apr2.

I think right about here, we can implement the long requested
APPKGNAMEPREFIX. Which brings a good point to clean up bsd.apache.mk
like I've been planning.

Next up is the consolidation of the www/apache* ports into MASTER/SLAVE.

Then, bsd.webserver.mk with I think should start with just support for
www/apache*.  zope, ngix, lighttpd, etc.. should be added next 1 at a time.

That'll probably keep me/us busy for all of 2009.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/Apache
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=ports&severity=&priority=&class=&state=&sort=none&text=apache%40&responsible=&multitext=&originator=&release=

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@p6m7g8.com)
c:703.336.9354