Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:15:31 -0700
From:      michael brindle <kg6ymn@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM x40 on Freebsd 7.2

Hello.
I recently installed FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE on an ibm x40 thinkpad. I have
everything working as it should, except for the ipw 2200 bg wireless card.
I have everything (more or less) set up, my kernel configuration file has
everything the man page says it should. My /boot/loader.conf file has
everything recommended for it to have. However, when I use ifconfig to
connect to my wireless network, I get
"iwi0: firmware error
iwi0: firmware error
iwi0: device configuration failed"
I honestly have no idea how this is happening. Help would be much
appreciated, thanks.

--
Michael Brindle
kg6ymn@gmail.com