Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:08:22 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?R3J6ZWdvcnogQnlzdHJ6ecWEc2tp?= <grzegorz.bystrzynski@drogowiec.pl>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running hpasm on DL380 G4 on FreeBSD 7.2 amd64

Hello,
I am running FreeBSD 7.2 amd64 on a Proliant DL380 G4. I downloaded
hpasm 7.22 from the website, tweaked the INSTALL file so it could be
installed. I also installed compat6x and 5x. Now, when I try to do
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/hpasm.sh start the deamon does not start. In
/var/log/messages a following message appears:

Oct  2 10:04:55 wolf hpasmd[62376]: ProLiant System Health Daemon

But ps auxww|grep hpasmd shows nothing.
When I try to run hpasmcli it quits with a segmentation fault. A message
appears in /var/log/messages:

Oct  2 10:05:06 wolf kernel: pid 62385 (hpasmcli), uid 0: exited on
signal 11 (core dumped)

Is there any way that I can run hpasm on the setup above? Or is there
any other way that I can read fan speed and temperature?

Thank you,
Grzegorz BystrzyƄski