Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:56:31 +0100
From:      Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
To:        standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] getdelim, new string functions

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 08:50:10AM -0500, David Schultz wrote:
> This patch adds getdelim(), getline(), stpncpy(), strnlen(),
> wcsnlen(), wcscasecmp(), and wcsncasecmp() (mixed in with a few
> other changes that I need to factor out). Comments and reviews
> would be appreciated.

> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~das/str.diff

Looks nice, I look forward to using some of these. getdelim() in
particular, it is more efficient than a getc() loop and fgetln()'s
lack of zero termination and nonportability are annoying.

I wonder how long it will be necessary to be paranoid about the getline
name. I don't like things like glibc's _GNU_SOURCE which is getting less
and less optional and so loses its meaning. Of course, I can use
getdelim() to avoid the problem on FreeBSD.

--
Jilles Tjoelker