Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:57:21 +0200
From:      "Peter Cornelius" <pcc@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vimage vs. jails

Hi there,

I just see the vimage changes going into RELENG_8 and I now am getting my hands dirty, finally. So thanks to all involved.

Just to get my head around this the right way, I understand that there is no plan to merge vimage and jail into a single jail utility, right?

I may want a large number of vimages "w/o" jails, or at least a number of jails "inside" a couple of vimages (reason being the default route issue raised a while ago).

Thanks again, and

All the best,

Peter.

---

PS. I see a couple of lock order reversals on RELENG_8 which I would like to report if the build currently running did not address them -- do we prefer them to a mailing list or to gnats?