Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:20:07 GMT
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/143854: error in make world

The following reply was made to PR amd64/143854; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To: Tsurutani Naoki <turutani@scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 05:12:47 +1100

 --QXO0/MSS4VvK6f+D

 On 2010-Feb-13 13:15:08 +0900, Tsurutani Naoki <turutani@scphys.kyoto-u.ac.=
 jp> wrote:
 >	i want to upgrade from 7-STABLE to 8-STABLE, by make world.
 >	but it fails with the following message;
 >=3D=3D=3D> lib/libc (clean)
 >"/usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/Makefile.inc", line 19: Need an operator
 >make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
 >*** Error code 1

 This would probably get a quicker answer by asking on -stable instead
 of filing a PR.

 I have done a number of buildworlds from 7.x to 8-stable recently
 without problem.  Could you please forward me, off-list, a complete
 log from your "make buildworld" and a copy of
 /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/Makefile.inc.

 Do you have anything in /etc/make.conf or /etc/src.conf?

 --=20
 Peter Jeremy

 --QXO0/MSS4VvK6f+D

 --QXO0/MSS4VvK6f+D--