Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 2010 12:45:19 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@freebsd.org>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        "arch@" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Adapting FreeBSD to PSARC/2010/029.

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Tim Kientzle w dniu 2010-10-30, o godz. =
07:17:
> On Oct 29, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Edward Tomasz Napiera=B3a wrote:
>> Currently, NFSv4 ACLs support in FreeBSD adheres to a draft by Sam =
Falkner
http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2010/029/20100126_mark.shellenbau=
>=20
> I guess I need to get back to work on the NFSv4 ACL support for =
libarchive, eh?

Obviously :-)

> This is great.  Together with the acl_is_trivial_np() test function, =
the ACL
> support now makes a lot more sense.
>=20
> The chmod(2) interaction, in particular, is a huge improvement.

I'm not sure about it.  I mean, yes, it's simpler - it's actually =
possible
to understand and remember how it works now - but from what I remember,
the problem with the old semantics and libarchive was that libarchive =
tried
to set file mode after restoring the ACL.  With draft semantics, this
resulted in malformed ACL.  With PSARC semantics, this results in no ACL
at all.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?