Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:49:23 -0600
From:      Brandon Falk <falkman@gamozo.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Popularity

Hello there FreeBSD people,

Why is it that FreeBSD is so far behind Linux in popularity? The fact
that lots of companies are not very supportive of FreeBSD (ex. NVIDIA
and ATI 64-bit drivers) is really starting to bother me. I guess I would
like to have a bit of a discussion of what could be improved to increase
the popularity of FreeBSD, as honestly I can do almost everything in
FreeBSD that I can in Linux, so why can't FreeBSD thrive as much as
Linux. Is it that it is harder to install/configure? Any opinions/ideas
on this situation?

-Brandon Falk