Date:      Sun, 4 Dec 2011 10:13:54 GMT
From:      "David J. Weller-Fahy" <dave-freebsd-gnats@weller-fahy.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/162708: FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 amd64 fails to boot on Dell Optiplex GX620

The following reply was made to PR amd64/162708; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "David J. Weller-Fahy" <dave-freebsd-gnats@weller-fahy.com>
To: John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>, freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/162708: FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 amd64 fails to boot on Dell
 Optiplex GX620
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 22:11:49 -0500

 --mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

 * John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> [2011-11-29 15:30 -0500]:
 > Try adding 'debug.acpi.disabled=3Dhostres' at the loader prompt.

 Ah-hah - that worked!  The delay was me testing that booting from CD,
 then upgrading my 8.2 w/ ZFS v28 system to 9.0-RC2 via freebsd-update,
 including "debug.acpi.disabled=3Dhostres" in my `/boot/loader.conf`, and
 completing the update (including performing a complete reinstall of all
 ports using portmaster).

 Thanks for the help, and is there anything I need to try to see what
 needs to be fixed?  Do you need information from this machine?

 I'm keeping the second hard-drive clear right now just in case I need to
 do some test installs.

 Regards,
 --=20
 David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
 largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'
 dave at weller-fahy dot com |                  - One of The Group

 --mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

 --mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb--