Date:      Sun, 22 May 2011 13:38:49 +1200
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Nicholls <john@thinlinx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beagleboard Kernel Development - Load Kernel in 2 seconds

On 22 May 2011 04:47, John Nicholls <john@thinlinx.com> wrote:
> To help speed up Kernel development I have sent some developers a new
> version of u-boot that uses the USB device to transfer the Kernel
> instead of booting it off the SD card
>
> The Kernel loads over the USB device port in about 2 seconds.

I am using this (previously sent to me) and I have one issue which I
am not sure if its a FreeBSD or u-boot problem. If I do not interrupt
the 10 second u-boot countdown then the usb device fails to attach on
the FreeBSD host, this is because FreeBSD times out on setting the usb
address for the u-boot device. Anyone else having this issue?

Andrew