Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:53:06 +0100
From:      martinko <gamato@users.sf.net>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   no modules / services needed for BT mouse support (?)

Hallo,

I had a Logitech bluetooth mouse connected via USB BT dongle.  In the
past I used to load ng_ubt and bthidd and hcsecd to make the mouse work.
  The same I did for a friend on old PC-BSD.  But it appears that since
moving to the version 8.x we no longer need to load any of the above and
the mouse works out-of-box.  Unfortunately it does not respond to wheel
movement (pressing it does generate middle click).

Now this all is a bit surprising for me.  And I'm not sure which part of
the system is responsible for the behaviour -- kernel, USB stack, HAL,
X11, .. ?  Also, I'd like to know how to make wheel working again.

Any ideas pls ?

Cheers,

M.

PS:  It's also possible that it has to do with change of computer.. (?)