Date:      Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:47:07 -0200
From:      Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CTF bsd.pbi.mk

Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org> writes:

> After doing this, you should be able to use the commands "make pbi" &
> "make clean-pbi". I would suggest starting on some small CLI app for
> testing, like cabextract, instead of trying libreoffice on the first go ;)

I tried misc/hello, which was supposed to be quite simple too :)

My first attempt was with sudo, and that gave me the same results avilla
got. And if I su -, cd to /usr/ports/misc/hello and call `make pbi', I
also only get a usage message for pbi_makeport (I need to call `make
clean-pbi' to be able to do anything).

So after calling `make clean-pbi' as root I tried `make pbi' again. It's
been "building the PBI chroot environment" for a while, as it is
checking out stable/8 from svn, even though I have it in /usr/src (as a
csup checkout, not an svn one). Is there a way to make this part of the
process faster? I ended up just hitting Ctrl+C and rm -fr'ing /usr/pbi.