Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:45:58 -0500
From:      Andrew Boyer <aboyer@averesystems.com>
To:        Lisandro Grullon <grullonbb@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mfi(4) errors on LSI MegaRAID SAS driver

On Jan 29, 2011, at 8:00 AM, Lisandro Grullon wrote:

> Dear Daemons,
> I have been configuring a box for the past few days with a LSI =
controller,
> specifically MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e. I have been getting some strange
> notifications/warnings under my /var/log/messages from mfi. I tried
> contacting scott who appears to be the maintainer of the driver but =
never
> heard back, probably my mail ended in his junk box. Anyways, hoping =
someone
> here can tell me what this is about. Bellow are the =
notifications/warnings I
> am getting.
>=20
> Jan 22 17:23:51 plato kernel: mfi0: 2595 (349032232s/0x0001/info) - VD
> 00/0 power policy changed to [ID=3D00,dps=3D0, cps=3D6] (from

Your adapter is attempting to power down idle drives.  If you want to =
get rid of them (I've seen FreeBSD get very unhappy when you get too =
many transitions like this), go into the LSI WebBIOS (Ctl-H at boot), go =
to the adapter properties screen, and disable drive powersave mode.  The =
exact name of the property seems to vary from firmware to firmware.

-Andrew

Andrew Boyer	aboyer@averesystems.com