Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:08:30 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bret Ketchum <bcketchum@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: MSI interrupts.

On Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:51:32 am Bret Ketchum wrote:
>     As an experiment I made align equal to count in apic_alloc_vectors to
> mimic the way MSIX vectors are assigned and all my issue went away..

Hmm, it shouldn't be working then.  Rather, I think you are making the system
violate the spec. :)

When a PCI device uses MSI (not MSI-X) with multiple vectors, it is required
that the low N bits of the 'data' register all be zeros, and that the device
will set the low N bits to the individual message number.

Can you do 'show lapic' at a DDB prompt (you can just use Ctrl-Atl-Break or
the like to drop into the debugger) and reply with the output?  It's a bit odd
that you don't have an aligned block of 16 vectors available.