Date:      Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:03:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox alternative Webm player plugin development

Hi all

I need to develop a webm video player plugin in C as a learning exercise. I'm using the unix/BasicPlugin.c as a template. I'm doing this on FreeBSD 8.1 and using Firefox 4.0.

Please forgive me to write here, I already wrote to dev-tech-plugins@lists.mozilla.org but no reply. It's a very low volume list. Hope somebody from FreeBSD community help me in this regard.

My requirement is once my firefox plugin is kicked in (via a web page), I want to read a webm file and play the video.

What I need to know is, how could I initialize the standard webm player and how to play the video, what functions should I call, what sample code I can look at in the Firefox source tree, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Unga