Date:      Sun, 12 Jun 2011 09:48:39 +0200
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Bryan Seitz <seitz@bsd-unix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Want to provide a new mirror

On 7 Jun 2011, at 17:19, Bryan Seitz wrote:

> I have a host in Northern Virginia on a gigabit network link =
(currently 2x10G from above.net feed) and would like
> to become a FreeBSD mirror site.=20
>=20
> It currently provides the following protocol access:
> http (nginx 1.0)
> ftp (vsftpd)
> rsync (3.x)
>=20
> I am currently syncing w/ rsync every 6 hours from =
mirrors.cogentco.com but would like to use the master if possible.

Hey,

Sounds good :-). Given your location I suspect it would be best for you =
to sync from ftp-master.us which is located in Buffalo, NY. You can test =
the connectivity e.g. by trying to sync from moss.cse.buffalo.edu =
(currently AKA ftp1.freebsd.org) which is located at the same site.

I just need to find out how you set up access for you there - I will =
poke Ken Smith who manages ftp-master.us and get back to you.

--=20
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team