Date:      Sun, 5 Jun 2011 15:38:02 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd_hda(4) pin routing issues

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 09:25:11PM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> I digged my old email from July 2007 on acpi@ about this laptop of mine
> (I was running 6.2-STABLE that days and had some ACPI troubles).  From
> attached verbose dmesg log, however, I can see that snd_hda(4) worked!
> It was at revision 20070710_0047 that time.

Today I've tried to checkout RELENG_6 kernel source and rebuild snd_hda.ko
and sound.ko on my 8.2-STABLE.  snd_hda(4) required almost no hackery,
builds and loads fine; mixer(8) reports something sane now: `pcm' and `vol'
volumes (compared to just `speaker' and `rec' before).

Alas, while it looks fine, sound still does not work.  Apparently, old
snd_hda(4) does not play nice with new sound(4).  However, it seems that
HDA-related logic at least detects and setups my sound chip correctly.

I've tried to build sound(4), it required some manual patching to fix all
unresolved symbols on module load (CHANNEL_SETDIR, msleep, minor, sx_init).
However, once it loaded, laptop paniced immediately.  :-(

./danfe