Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2011 00:47:06 +0000
From:      Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@solarflare.com>
To:        Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, marius@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sfxge: Remove interrupt self-test code

On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 11:20 +0200, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2011, at 23:34, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > sfxge: Remove interrupt self-test code
> >
> > It's not currently used; it didn't build on 32-bit and the previous
> > build fix is incorrect.  If we really implement self-tests we can do
> > this again properly.
>
> Committed.  Thanks!
>
> Have you had a chance to see if the driver still works on i386?  If so,
> I'll enable it again in the i386 build, now that it compiles again.

I really need to find or set up a new test image with i386.  But I can
say that a quick test by running:

make MACHINE=i386 MACHINE_CPUARCH=i386 CC='cc -m32'

in sys/modules/sfxge now successfully compiles all object files (but the
linker gives up due to mismatched architectures).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Staff Engineer, Solarflare
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.