Date:      Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:39:42 -0800
From:      Jim Pazarena <fproliant@paz.bz>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ProLiant DL380 G7

On 2011-08-31 9:22 AM, Andrej Zverev wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> Does someone has success with installing FreeBSD 8.2 or 9.0BETA via iLO?
> All my attempts failed.
> cd0:<HP Virtual DVD-ROM \0000.0>  Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
> cd0: 40.000MB/s transfers
> cd0: cd present [310822 x 2048 x bytes records]
> Mounting from cd9660:/dev/iso9660/FREEBSD_INSTALL failed with error 19.
>
> and after I'm always inside mountroot which don't show any devices except
> da0 which is raid controller.

I just spent the entire day trying to get a successful install for FBSD
on this server.

8.2 is impossible; 9.0B2 works, but it is a challenge, all to do with the
raid & daX.

I tried OpenSuSe .. no problem. FBSD.. nightmare.
It is probably my lack of understanding of the finer points of disk
management, but when SuSe just "works", it really makes you question
why you pick the platform that you pick.

But FreeBSD it is! I wish the 2TB limit was easily overcome!