Date:      Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:42:39 -0500
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPSec in Jail

Hello,

I was following a thread in FBSD Spanish talking about the use of
IPSec in Jails and there was no conclusion to the matter. I have a
client that wants to run a VPN which requires IPSec and he is running
on some jails we provide them. We can provide them with a public IP
for the jail but I'm not sure if this will work.

I understand from the thread that recompiling the kernel with VIMAGE
enabled should allow the use of IPSec in the jails but apparently
until 8.0 this was experimental. This particular server uses 8.2 so I
would like to know if anyone here has done this and how stable it is?
Would enabling VIMAGE for the base kernel compromise the system and
other clients running on other jails in the same server?

Thanks beforehand for any valuable comments!

--
Alejandro Imass