Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:10:20 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-numerics@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PR bin/170206

Now that this mailing list has been created, let me just provide a link
to PR bin/170206

Two main threads to this discussion:

1.  I am submitting complex arc-trig and complex arc-hyperbolic
functions casin, cacos, catan, casinh, cacosh, catanh.

2.  The main difficulty in trying to implement clog is computing it's
real part:

log(|z|) = 0.5*log(x^2 + y^2)

when |z| is very close to 1.  It is very hard to get a reasonably low
relative error.

I hope these discussions, as well as many other, move to this mailing list.

Stephen