Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2013 04:02:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Terry Kennedy <TERRY@tmk.com>
To:        apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port devel/apr1 update?

  In the process of tracking down a problem with a commercial product, I
was trying the latest versions of Apache, PHP, etc. and one of the things
I came across was that the versions in the devel/apr1 port are a little
stale:

APR_VERSION=    1.4.6
APU_VERSION=    1.4.1

  http://apr.apache.org/ has those as 1.4.8 and 1.5.2, respectively. I
built those versions by tweaking the port's Makefile and removing both
patches as they didn't apply cleanly (1 file-not-found, 1 failed). It
seems to work.

  So, I figured I'd ask if there's a reason the versions in the devel/
apr1 port are few versions back.

	Thanks,
        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry@tmk.com             New York, NY USA