Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:31:33 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apple's "magic" bluetooth mouse

Hi there,

I've been happily using Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse with my laptop for
quite a while, and everything worked fine (including mouse wheel scroll
and tilt).

Today I got a chance to play with this glamorous rat from Apple, and was
curious how it gets along with FreeBSD.  Well, it worked, but only as a
pointer.  Even simplest features like vertical scrolling did not work.
xev(1) reported of no events coming from when I touch the stupid mouse.
It looks like they are not being proxied as virtual buttons clicks, but
implemented somehow differently.  I've also found that in Linux, they
kinda use a special driver to make it work [1].

Any clues how to investigate this issue?  I probably won't be able to
make use of all fancy multi-touch features of the mouse, but I'd like to
at least "export" some of the common gestures, like mouse wheel scroll,
as a legacy button clicks (so they can be propagated up to the X.org).

I guess I could study how we ourselves handle Synaptics touchpads, but
given this mouse is bluetooth, I figured I better ask here first.

./danfe

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/AppleMagicMouse