Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:43:14 +0000
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@qxnitro.org>
To:        John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup-master choking?

On 12 January 2013 10:55, John Marshall
<john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au> wrote:
> cvsup.au has not been able to update from cvsup-master for the past 12
> hours. Has there been an accidental config change or is there something
> bad happening over on that side of the planet?

To follow up on this since it's still ongoing.

The server running cvsup-master is bit-master which also runs
svn0.us-west, bit0.us-west. It should be plenty powerful to take this
load, but as mentioned yesterday we ran into some nullfs issues which
are being looked at. To avoid totally killing the server until we have
fixed the problem the number of simultaneous clients on cvsup-master
is decreased some.

As the server is currently a lot happier the problem should be reduces
as each sync will be a lot faster.

PS. there are some mirrors which update very frequently but a broken
and keep trying to download everything causing extra load. We will
likely remove access to those sites (their mirrors have been broken
for a month anyway) to reduce load.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen