Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:29:53 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New iSCSI stack.

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> w dniu 6 =
wrz 2013, o godz. 20:18:
> On 9/5/13 3:27 AM, Edward Tomasz Napiera=B3a wrote:
>> Hello.  At http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/cfiscsi-20130904.diff =
you'll find
>> a patch which adds the new iSCSI initiator and target, against =
10-CURRENT.
>> To use the new initiator, start with "man iscsictl".  For the target =
- "man
>> ctld".
>>=20
>> All feedback is welcome.  If nothing unexpected comes up, I'll commit =
it
>> in a few days from now.  Note that it's still not optimized; at this =
point
>> I'm focusing more on reliability and interoperability.
>>=20
>> This work is being sponsored by FreeBSD Foundation.
>>=20
>>=20
> Edward, this is really exciting!
>=20
> Is there an easy way to use the userland iscsi configuration files?

Which iSCSI userland configuration files, the ctl.conf(5)?  If you need
an ability to parse it and modify from a shell scripts, see confctl =
utility
(sysutils/confctl, https://github.com/trasz/confctl/).=20

> We would love to quickly backport and ship this with FreeNAS as an =
option for our users, having the config files be the same OR having a =
very good converter would really make that much easier for us.

Porting to 9 should be quite easy - there are Capsicum API differences;
you might also want to compare CTL between 10 and 9 to see if there are
any changes which need to be merged.  Taking a look at the code =
searching
for possible security issues would be also very welcome :-)

As for the config files - writing a converter should be quite easy.  =
Which
configuration files you need to support, ctl.conf(5) and istgt =
configuration?