Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:04:44 -0500
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ath not working after a motherboard and ram upgrade

I've been longing to upgrade my motherboard and ram, and with a tax
refund it came time.  The current kernel was working well enough for me,
where the only ath problems were my antenna and "harmless." After
upgrading, 2Gb DDR2 to 32Gb DDR3, I've yet to get ath to be stable.  The
only system changes were motherboard, a cheap video card, and ram.
There's periods where ath will work, then packet loss grows until it's
unusable.  When I scan, I can find the router, and when I'm connected I
get an RSSI of 10.5 after I hung the antenna over the monitor, better
than before.  I'm getting a lot of kernel debug logs, but when I'm
looking I can't notice anything specific.  I still need to dig through
the logs but I probably couldn't match up the logs with what I was doing
at the time.

What steps should I try to figure out why a motherboard and ram change
would break the networking?