Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:13:14 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Julio Merino <julio+host-g5-jmmv@meroh.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Screen contents wrap over the right edge

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Julio Merino
<julio+host-g5-jmmv@meroh.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently set up FreeBSD powerpc64 9.1 on a PowerMac G5 that
> carries an nVidia Geforce FX 5200 Ultra (NV34) connected to a Lenovo
> ThinkVision LT2452P (24" screen with a native resolution of
> 1920x1200@60Hz).  I have installed X.Org 7.5.2 from ports.
>
> When starting X, everything works reasonably well (X starts with
> hardware autoconfiguration and uses the native resolution of the
> display) but there is quite an annoying problem: the screen contents
> are offset to the right by 50-100 pixels, and the picture wraps over
> the right edge to come over through the left edge by that same amount.
>
> I'm attaching a copy of the Xorg.0.log file.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Maybe. I can't claim expertise,  but I'd like to see the output of
xrandr(1).  It lists the available modes.  From that, you can tell which
modeline is in use. You ,ay be able to correct the problem with xrandr,
too, with the --pos option.
xrandr -d (from xrandr output ) --pos -60
The argument to '-d' is the display name shown in the xrandr output.

You may also need to adjust the modeline parameters. (See man xorg.conf
documentation and look at hsyncstart and hsyncend parameters. You can
create a new modeline with the 'xrandr --newmode' command followed my an
'xrandr -d XXX -mode YYYY'.

Perhaps someone with more expertise can give you a better idea.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com