Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2014 21:40:40 +0200
From:      Daniele Mazzotti <kappei84@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ACPI support - Freebsd 10 on Sony Vaio VPCCA3C5E
References:  <20140722033156.E8638@sola.nimnet.asn.au> <1405965655.15937.YahooMailAndroidMobile@web181606.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> <CAC=ypSV1w0V0Vg2N0fZQK-VOh5Pzm3t7Cnch9xT=HYMjxcvqtw@mail.gmail.com> <20140721213352.GA64025@hell> <CAC=ypSVkOJQuWdGW10Duz2TWFv4L5deZ7uHwjFKPpUtWC_72ig@mail.gmail.com> <20140722180506.GA67094@hell> <CAC=ypSV8uVZ4w4SGXLexifnGvm874rTbs8iueaprp5J_XnFN4w@mail.gmail.com> <20140725221954.GA42012@hell> <CAN6yY1s_YY4E5ZFUgS6eHhPgfP2HESYZaE_zwbXTXKignfQfcA@mail.gmail.com> <CAC=ypSWnk2ju9HKpk_6=Tuymmi_HyLp1RxBC4ZPf7anxTwN3DA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN6yY1shJaSWZJFsnqDs-C0bcf554Es5GgEhDgO6pbUf94NtZA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN6yY1uF9KBeDEf-GuwyE90c011p4pwbNrHiTbCkCy7V=QfT7A@mail.gmail.com> <CAC=ypSWzXKX1iEtFpN1e_CoMEmtnY21Nq7cNP%2BXAZU3EWPUCGg@mail.gmail.com>

Hello everybody,

after several tries I finally managed to fix two out of three issue I had
on my Sony Vaio. After I switched to Intel driver I was forced to update my
system to STABLE (@Kevin: thanks for the support - I tried to write a set
of scripts to download the required VT sources and copy them to the correct
folders, but after two nights of work I decided that it was more the
efforts than the benefits).

Then I recompiled the GENERIC Kernel from STABLE and added the support for
VT instead of the original SC and I am now able to switch through different
terminals (@all: thanks for suggesting me to remove Vesa and use proper
video drivers).

Finally I have applied Anthony's patch and the suspend/resume mode works
like a charm!
The only thing which is now missing is the battery support, but debugging
that stuff is definitively out of my skill set! Would you think is it worth
trying?

Cheers,
Daniele.