Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:52:44 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Sourish Mazumder <sourish@cloudbyte.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: memory type e820

On Saturday 01 November 2014 18:55:53 Sourish Mazumder wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I tried the pmap_mapdev() as suggested by you. Works perfectly. Thanks for
> the information.

Sure.

> What is required, If I want to add this nvram memory to VM pages?

Hmm.  If this is device memory you generally don't want that.  I'm not
actually sure how to do this at runtime.  If you don't mind having a local
hack you can add a change in the MD startup code (e.g. in hammer_time()
in sys/amd64/amd64/machdep.c) to adjust the ranges added to
phys_avail[] and dump_avail[].

--
John Baldwin