Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:59:42 +0000
From:      Antoine Delvaux <antoine@delvaux.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox in 9.3-RELEASE

Hello,

I've been using VirtualBox for 2 years under 9.1 and 9.2 and it was =
working pretty well.  About a week ago I upgraded to 9.3-RELEASE and =
since then VirtualBox refuses to run and crashes my server as soon as I =
start a VM.

I'm using version 4.3.12 coming from the pkg repository.  All my =
packages are up to date.  I'm unable to find any information about the =
crash I face as my server/host is rebooting a few seconds after I try to =
launch any VM.

I usually launch the VM with the VBoxHeadless utility, but if I use =
VirtualBox through an ssh X11 session, the behavior is the same =
(although I can see and use the VirtualBox window before launching any =
VM).

I'm unsure where to look for any issues in my configuration.  I've even =
re-installed my server only using binary packages to see if I hadn't a =
problematic old kernel module or library installed, but that didn't =
change anything.  Is the VirtualBox binary package known to be broken?  =
Would trying to compile the VirtualBox port help here?  Should I be =
using the new pkg repository for NEW_X_ORG even though my FreeBSD server =
is not running any X session itself?

Any help would be much appreciated here as I'm getting lost at what to =
try.

Thanks,

Antoine.