Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2014 18:05:06 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   no network connection from inside a jail

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 10.1 BETA3 via sources. All seemed to be fine
until I started jails which connect to the Internet. It simply does not
work anymore. When the browser from the jail connects to another jail
on the same machine via HTTP, it all works. Accesses to the ouside of
the machine fails.

Even a ping to a local device does not work.

ping 192.168.yyy.xxx
ping: socket: Operation not permitted

despite having

security.jail.allow_raw_sockets: 1

Just to make sure, I upgraded also the world in all jails without any
difference.

UPDATING did not mention any changes since BETA1.

I feel a bit lost now.

What could have caused the problems?

Erich