Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:46:53 -0500
From:      Dutch Ingraham <stoa@gmx.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wireshark Seg. Fault

Greetings all:

I've been having problems with connecting to svn mirrors lately.  I
tried using tcpdump to diagnose, but it was unavailing.  So, I tried
installing the port for wireshark.  On first start, it core dumped.
After confirming all shared libs were in place, I decided to just delete
it and re-build, which went off again without noted error.  Same thing:
core dump.

I then went to a separate machine and installed the package.  Upon first
attempt to run: again, seg fault and core dump.

Ports machine:10.1-RELEASE #0 r274401: Tue Nov 11 21:02:49 UTC 2014
Packages machine: 10.1-RELEASE #0 r274401: Tue Nov 11 21:02:49 UTC 2014

I've googled around without finding anything recent or close to this
issue, Freebsd or otherwise.  Bug tracker doesn't have anything recent
except a submitted patch for running wireshark as a regular user (which
I hope is acted upon, as this should be the default anyway.)  UPDATING
doesn't mention any issues with wireshark.

Unfortunately, my gdb skills are zero.  If anyone would like to offer
hints as to tracking the problem, or offering some debugging tips, I'd
be grateful. If further information is needed, please let me know. Thanks.