Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:02:49 +0100
From:      Miguel C <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
To:        Johannes Jost Meixner <johannes@meixner.dk>
Cc:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] CentOS 6.7 ports

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Johannes Jost Meixner <johannes@meixner.dk>
wrote:

> On 08/20/2015 20:51, Miguel C wrote:
> > Was testing this with sublime3 (linux-c6 installed fine after the
> > patch), I've changed sublime3 Makefile to get the 64bit version
> > instead of 32; updated the plist and distinfo files... and it
> > install fine, but I get a segfault while running it see this is
> > dmesg:
> >
> > pid 59256 (bash), uid 1001: exited on signal 11 (core dumped) pid
> > 59257 (bash), uid 1001: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> >
> > Not sure if this is the best way to get a more verbose output when
> > linux ports are involved.
>
> Something you can do is, truss the sublime3 command, and attach the
> logs here.

I was unaware of truss thanks, log here for "bash" seems this seems to be
what segfaulting so before debugging sublime I would like to find out why
bash segfaults as I wont be able to run most things without it anyway :P

truss log here:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=igHkXeQq

> Likewise, please have a look at devel/linux_kdump and ktrace. Those
> two should get you logs with even more debugging information.
>
> I found linux_kdump before sending the email, but can I just use it with
FreeBSD ktrace? I tough I would need a "linux_ktrace" but I don't find one.