Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 2015 23:39:50 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        Jason Bacon <jwbacon@tds.net>
Cc:        freebsd-infiniband@FreeBSD.org, Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org>, Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net>, Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Enable OFED/Infiniband support in 11.0-RELEASE by default?

On Aug 7, 2015, at 11:45, Jason Bacon <jwbacon@tds.net> wrote:

>=20
> I've admittedly been out of action on this for a while, but last time =
I checked, the IB network stack could be loaded as a kernel module, but =
a build world was still required to add IB support to userland tools.  =
If this is no longer the case, please excuse my spam.

*part* of it can be loaded as a kld. There are other pieces I had that =
hadn=92t been committed to head, which were required to make it into a =
loadable module.
=85

> I *will* get back to testing this soon, as I'm in the midst of =
building a new 2,000-core HPC cluster and I have servers available to =
experiment with.  I'm eager to see what kind of performance we can get =
from a FreeBSD file server with ZFS and FDR IB.

There were some interesting =93issues=94 that were discovered when =
upgrading the IB stack. Most of them have been fixed, but some may be =
outstanding; you might not run into them if you=92re unless you=92re =
doing interop testing with other [Linux] IB machines.

Cheers,
-NGie=