Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:10:21 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Hrant Dadivanyan <hrant@dadivanyan.net>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: svn commit: r270516 - head/sys/dev/drm2/i915

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Hrant Dadivanyan <hrant@dadivanyan.net>
wrote:

> > This fixes the brightness on a Lenovo X230. The buttons don't yet work
> > - they end up setting the value +1 or -1 from the current setting, but
> > no further.
> >

> The same on Lenovo X1 Carbon with 10-STABLE - buttons do +1 or -1 only,
> but hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness accepts any value. Not all values
> actually changes the brightness, but some do - all tenths for example.
> hw.acpi.video.lcd0.fullpower and .economy are also ignored, but custom
> entry on /etc/devd.conf solves this by setting .brightness directly,
> depending on AC status.
>
> Finally can enjoy long battery life, thank you very much !
> Hrant
>
> Hmm. This worked fine for me with 10-STABLE, but only when I don't use
'-j'.  I instaled the patch on my 10-STABLE system back on January 1, 2015.
Since I wanted readable output should I get n error, I did not use '-j'. It
worked just fine.

Today I updated my sources to r277334, deleted /usr/obj/*, made buildworld,
and then tried "make -DNO_CLEAN -j6 buildkernel". It failed to make depend
in sys/dev/drm2. The error message just has:
--- depend_subdir_drm2 ---
mkdep: compile failed
--- depend_subdir_dtrace ---
---
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/dtrace/fasttrap/machine
---
--- depend_subdir_drm2 ---
*** [.depend] Error code 1

make[5]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules/drm2/i915kms
1 error

make[5]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules/drm2/i915kms
*** [_sub.depend] Error code 2

make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules/drm2
1 error

If I than either clean out MODULES and "make -DNO_CLEAN buildkernel" or
just do the parallel build and, after the failure, do "make -DNO_CLEAN
buildkernlel", the build works fine.

I'm unsure how to get detail error information from the modern make used
today, so I have no added information. I'll be happy to try again if I know
how to get verbose build output from buildkernel.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com

make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules/drm2
*** [depend_subdir_drm2] Error code 2