Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2015 12:37:12 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andy Balholm <andy@balholm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org, dbn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: old dependency bug reappears

--fOHHtNG4YXGJ0yqR

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 06:13:34PM -0700, Andy Balholm wrote:
> Since pkg upgraded itself to version 1.5.1, it seems to think that i386-w=
ine-devel is a dependency of almost everything. So when I try to install ru=
by or git (for example), it tries to install Wine as well. This happened la=
st year (see https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/pkg-discrepancy.47531/ <htt=
ps://forums.freebsd.org/threads/pkg-discrepancy.47531/>), and it seems that=
 it has happened again.

Yes this is because i386-wine* are exposing libraries they should not I have
been asking the maintainer (in CC) to add the nessary knob in those ports.

It has "disappeared" before because it was just deactivated but the code th=
at
result it that is "provides/requires", we need so much that feature that we
could not keep it deactivated any longer

David can you please add the BUNDLE_LIBS as soon as possible please?!

Andy a workaround for you would be install gettex-runtime first (this is wh=
at
=66rom ruby and git is bringing i386-wine) and then install git/ruby

pkg install -A gettext-runtime

Sorry for inconvenience

Best regards,
Bapt