Date:      Sun, 24 May 2015 00:53:44 -0700
From:      Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        Jason Unovitch <jason.unovitch@gmail.com>, ports-secteam@FreeBSD.org,  freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>, xmj@FreeBSD.org, pi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New pkg audit / vuln.xml failures (php55, unzoo)

Hi,

On 5/23/15 09:14, Jason Unovitch wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
> wrote:
>> If you find a vulnerability such as a new CVE or mailing list
>> announcement please send it to the port maintainer and
>> <ports-secteam@FreeBSD.org> as quickly as possible.  They are
>> whoefully understaffed and need our help.  Though freebsd.org
>> indicates that security alerts should be sent to
>> <secteam@FreeBSD.org> this is incorrect.  If the vulnerability is
>> in a port or package send an alert to ports-secteam@ and NOT
>> secteam@ as the secteam will generally not reply to your email or
>> forward the alerts to ports-secteam.
>>
>> Roger
>>

> I've attempted to knock out a couple of these over the past 2
> days. There's certainly a non-trivial amount of PRs stuck in
> Bugzilla that mention security or CVE that need some care and
> attention.  Here's a few that are now ready for the taking.
>
> vuxml patch ready: emulators/virtualbox-ose --
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/200311

I've added the information to the main entry and discarded virtualbox
specific text from Oracle.  Since Xen is also affected I have applied
the fix to xen-tools; the 2015Q2 branch version is not affected as
Dom0 support is not there so I haven't merged the change there.

> databases/cassandra -- https://bugs.freebsd.org/199091

Committed, thanks!  I've assigned the PR to the maintainer for the
port update.

> databases/cassandra2 -- https://bugs.freebsd.org/200414 (refers to
> vuxml patch in PR 199091)

I've assigned the PR to the maintainer.

We should probably mark the above two ports as FORBIDDEN and/or
DEPRECATED.

> sysutils/py-salt -- https://bugs.freebsd.org/200172

This was already done by xmj@.  This one seems serious, can the fix be
backported or should the port merged to 2015Q2 branch?

> vuxml previously done and update patch ready: net/chrony --
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/199508

The vuxml entry was committed by jbeich@ and port updated by pi@.  I
think the update should be merged to quarterly branch.

> both vuxml and update patch ready: mail/davmail --
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/198297

This was done by pi@.  I think this fix should also go to 2015Q2 branch?

Thanks everyone working on these issues and thanks for taking time
preparing the patches.

Cheers,