Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2015 12:00:09 -0800
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dependency walker for shared libraries in FreeBSD?

Hi,

On Windows, there is a tool, http://www.dependencywalker.com/ , that
can take a DLL as input, and then display all the dependencies that this
DLL has on other libraries.  This can be used to detect unresolved symbols.

Does anyone have a script that can do this on FreeBSD?
Basically, this would involve parsing the output of things like readelf,
nm, ldd, etc.

I tried looking for a similar tool on Linux, and found these:

https://launchpad.net/depspec
http://www.purinchu.net/software/elflibviewer.php
http://sourceforge.net/projects/binscan/

but I either couldn't build these tools, or the tools simply didn't work
under FreeBSD (elflibviewer).

--
Craig