Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:03:51 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
To:        Matthew Grooms <mgrooms@shrew.net>, Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD XEN <freebsd-xen@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: dom0: only on intel?

El 13/08/15 a les 17.07, Matthew Grooms ha escrit:
> On Aug 13, 2015 5:35 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>

>> My impression from reading documents on FreeBSD Dom0 is that it is
>> supported only on Intel systems (VT-x, EPT, etc).
>> So, just to be sure, AMD-V is no go at the moment?
>>

> That is correct. FreeBSD dom0 support is  PVH mode only. The Xen code does not support AMD CPUs with PVH so this is not unique to the FreeBSD port. I saw a couple of patches floated on the Xen list but they never got committed. Roger would know more about their fate.

Matthew is right, there's no AMD support at the moment. I'm currently
reworking the whole PVH concept inside the hypervisor, because what's
currently inside of Xen is not sustainable in the long term:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-08/msg00512.html

This series is going to miss the next Xen version (4.6, which is due in
less than a month probably), but I'm very positive it's going to make it
into 4.7.

Roger.