Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2016 17:36:51 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Hal Murray <hmurray@megapathdsl.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: pl2303 lockups on rpi2

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 09:34:30PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> How solid is your power?

The three RPI2s that I can check easily are all over 5 Volts. The
fourth is hard to get at, but it shares the same power supply type
and is unlikely to be significantly different.

Swapping places between the two adapters that locked up with the
two that kept working didn't turn out as planned. The two adapters
that were failing still failed, but one that hadn't failed up to
then did, in about 48 hours.

The one encouragement is that updating to r301978 and rebooting
unstuck an adapter that had locked up under r301569. Up to now
it's been necessary to expose the adapters to Prolific's driver
to unstick them. Unplugging and replugging didn't help.

There seem to be nine supported USB-serial adapter types, can you
suggest a better bet if I have to go shopping again? I can't find
kind words about any of them.

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska