Date:      Sun, 31 Jul 2016 18:51:27 +0200
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Jason Zhang <jasonzhang@cyphytech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mfi driver performance too bad on LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i

 Bez=A8=B9glich Jason Zhang's Nachricht vom 17.06.2016 09:16 (localtime):=

> Hi,
>
> I am working on storage service based on FreeBSD.  I look forward to a =
good result because many professional storage company use FreeBSD as its =
OS.  But I am disappointed with the Bad performance.  I tested the the pe=
rformance of LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i and had the following bad result:

>    1.  Test environment:
>         (1) OS:   FreeBSD 10.0 release
>         (2) Memory:  16G
>         (3) RAID adapter:   LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i
>         (4) Disks:  9 SAS hard drives (10000 rpm),  performance is expe=
cted for each hard drive       =20

Were the drives completely initialized?
I remember that at least one vendor had implemented read-past-write for
every sector when written first.
It was with 15k 3.5" spindles and I'm really not sure which vendor it
was, so I won't name any. But "slow init" had solved a similir problem
for me back then...

-Harry