Date:      Sun, 3 Apr 2016 04:54:43 +0300
From:      anatoly@kazanfieldhockey.ru
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gentoo's package.provided equivalent?

Sometimes i need to build specific version of some library from source,
not from ports. How can I tell port system about it. There was no problem
with old pkg_, because I was able just to put dummy directory into
/var/db/pkg and port system knows it is installed (although maybe that was
ugly hack). But what I can do with pkgng now? For example, Gentoo linux
has /etc/portage/profile/package.provided file for such a situation. Is
there some equivalent?